Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Goodbye Baby Spoon

I'm so happy to be using an adult sized spoon again. Yesterday at my follow-up appointment Dr Ueeck placed rubber bands such that I no longer have bands in the front. This means I can just barely get a regular sized spoon in my mouth. Soft foods here I come.

I also found out yesterday that my TADs (Temporary Anchorage Devices) were removed during my surgery. Again, this is more good news as I will now not have to have those removed later. You would think I would have been able to tell that two screws are missing from my upper jaw but I could not. With the stitches I haven't wanted to even try to put my finger between my lip and maxilla. Given the loss of sensitivity from the surgery I had no other way to find out.

My surgeon said that during the surgery he impacted my maxilla 4mm (presumably on the left side only), advanced my maxilla 3 mm, and then brought my mandible forward to align with my maxilla. I think this means my mandible was brought forward 10mm or more. I need to check to be find out for sure. All I know is that my tongue is now in a different place in my mouth.

Well, it's time to work out my jaw muscles. Macaroni and cheese here I come!

Here's where I am today...

No comments:

Post a Comment